People Ops Coordinator
Come work with us! You’ll love it.
Stocksy United is looking for a part-time People Ops Coordinator
to join our growing Operations team.
Reporting directly to the People Operations Manager, the People Ops Coordinator helps foster a culture of creativity and collaboration through administrative human resources support for the Operations team.
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Job Type: Employee, part-time
Location: Victoria, BC (Stocksy HQ and remote)
Anticipated Start Date: December 2020
- An excellent communicator who enjoys collaborative, team-based environments and is able to offer and receive constructive, honest feedback
- Energetic and engaged, possessing excellent judgement and the capacity to maintain a high level of confidentiality in tough situations
- Organized and self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- 1+ years experience in HR/People Ops administration
- Experience using an HRIS such as BambooHR to maintain employee records and manage an Applicant Tracking System
- A strong understanding of BC and Federal employment regulations and standards
- Familiarity with virtual communication tools (Slack, Zoom, Hangouts, or other)
- Assist with recruitment, including posting and promoting new positions, attending job fairs, conducting and documenting phone screens, scheduling interviews and room bookings, responding to career inquiries, and conducting reference checks
- Onboarding for new employees and contractors including office set-up, welcome packages, onboarding schedules, and IT/Finance tickets
- Offboarding for employees and contractors including coordination of transition plans and IT/Finance tickets
- Coordinate team building and recognition activities in collaboration with Co-op Operations Manager including anniversaries, birthdays, socials, and special events
- Assist with record keeping, including phone screens, handbook updates, contract updates, employee/contractor records in HRIS
- Assist with data collection, including company surveys, PayScale benchmarking, and HRIS reports
- Assist with managing perks and benefits including handling education allowance requests and liaising with Finance for processing
- Office management including liaising with property manager and third party vendors, coordinating and organizing food and beverage orders, ordering office supplies as needed, and being the key point of contact for office visitors and phone inquiries
- Manage our Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee, including hosting regular meetings and updating any policy and procedure as needed
- Support open and transparent communication with the team on all people ops activities
- Other supporting activities as required, including holiday coverage for the operations team
Stocksy supports a global membership of employees, contractors, clients, and contributors from all walks of life. We find strength in what makes us different. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment where every one of our team members can thrive.
We are actively seeking any individual who may have taken a road less traveled to get to where they are now. Experience and education comes in many forms; so long as you are excited about this posting and convinced you could be your best self at Stocksy, then we want to hear all about you!