Come work with us! You’ll love it.
Stocksy United is looking for a Data Analyst to join
our growing Operations team.
As Stocksy’s Data Analyst, you will be responsible for evaluating Stocksy’s current data collection needs, methodologies, tools, and processes, providing recommendations to senior leadership, and executing implementation measures to ensure our co-op is collecting the data we need, wielding the right tools, using efficient processes, and producing transparent, consistent, and strategically-critical data to support our roadmap. This role requires a high level of cross-functional collaboration with all of Stocksy’s departments as well as a high level of analyst and business intelligence skills.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Role type: FT Employee
Hours: 35 hours/week, 9:00am to 5:00pm PST, Monday to Friday (or as agreed upon with Team Lead). All conditions of employment will be in accordance with the BC Employment Standards Act.
- Highly organized - a master of managing multiple projects at once in a high-paced, agile environment
- Analytical - a lover of data, patterns, and conundrums
- Inquisitive - someone who can take the path of more resistance to ask the right questions in order to achieve a better outcome
- An excellent collaborator - a knack for working with a handful of different teams and learning how to speak their languages when tackling problems together
- An exceptional translator - an ability to decipher raw data and convert findings into digestible, actionable information
- 3+ years of professional experience in a data-centric role, such as a data analyst, data engineer, data scientist, machine learning, business intelligence, or other relevant positions
- A strong understanding of applied statistics in business environments
- Experience working with multiple data collection tools, such as Sisense/Periscope, MySQL databases, ETL processes, Salesforce, Quickbooks, Google Analytics, or other custom internal tools
- Experience with or willingness to learn and engage with project management software (such as Trello or Jira)
- An ability to present research, results, and recommendations in easily-understandable and actionable formats for other teams and colleagues
- Work cross-functionally with all Stocksy departments to identify opportunities for leveraging internal data to inform and drive operational and strategic solutions
- Evaluate Stocksy’s current data collection needs, methodologies, tools, and processes, and provide recommendations to enhance validity, consistency, efficiency, and transparency of all the data we collect, report, and action on
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of any new data sources and collection techniques
- Assist the co-op in amalgamating and warehousing data with a focus on accessibility, usability, and transparency
- Mine and analyze data from new and current sources, and translate findings into actual and predictive trends
- Support Stocksy’s KPI reporting, at both co-op-wide and individual team levels, by providing recommendations to automate and innovate our reporting tools and processes
- Empower team leads with training and guidance for their teams’ data collection, analysis, and reporting efforts
- Be conversant in developments around (in)equity in algorithmic functions and assist the co-op in ensuring data collection and assessment is aligned with its missions of inclusion and equity
- Investigate solutions to automate detection of data incongruences across the co-op
- Develop and implement custom data models to meet business needs, including predictive modelling, if needed
Stocksy supports a global membership of employees, contractors, clients, and contributors from all walks of life. We find strength in what makes us different. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment where every one of our team members can thrive.
We are actively seeking any individual who may have taken a road less traveled to get to where they are now. Experience and education comes in many forms; so long as you are excited about this posting and convinced you could be your best self at Stocksy, then we want to hear all about you!