Junior Editor (Video)
Come work with us! You’ll love it.
Stocksy United is looking for a Junior Editor
to join our growing team.
Reporting directly to the Editor Lead (or designate), the Junior Editor (video) is responsible for providing administrative work and support to our co-op & Editor team in order to develop, maintain, and expand relationships and Stocksy’s video collection.
Reports to: Editor Lead
Role type: Independent Contractor
Hours of work & term: This is a part time position with 20 hours per week, 4 hours per day (schedule to be agreed upon with Team Lead), from early September 2021 to late January 2022 with the possibility of extension.
- A Stocksy contributor
- Articulate and analytical
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, driven to manage completion of assigned tasks
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to detail
- A strong communicator who enjoys collaborative, team-based environments and is able to offer and receive constructive, honest feedback
- A natural affinity for making processes more effective and streamlined
- A strong understanding of professional cinematography, both aesthetic and technical
- Familiarity with Stocksy’s Image Manager tool
- Proficiency with learning new digital tools and troubleshooting
- Expertise at selecting appropriate gifs for any given situation
- Experience working with international and remote teams in a collaborative, Agile environment
- Great respect for artists’ work and a desire to help people succeed
- Mentorship and Community Engagement:
- Provide constructive, reasonable, and helpful feedback on artists’ work
- Be a mentor to the Stocksy community through active participation in Co-op activities
- Uphold a professional, supportive, and engaged public presence when representing Stocksy and interacting with the membership internally & externally
- Provide clear, consistent, and open communication with membership through feedback, support, and forum posts
- Collection Management:
- Consistently review assigned assets within set guidelines for the team
- Maintain the aesthetic and technical standards of the Stocksy collection while reviewing
- Exercise attention to detail to ensure minimal liability and risk of all content submitted and approved to the collection (ie. copyright, trademark, model and property releases)
- Maintain consistency of accepting, declining and returning for send-back files submitted to Stocksy by the membership, and be willing and able to discuss your editing choices with the team and contributors
- Keyword and create metadata for video content
- Participate constructively in team discussions about the collection standards, the queue, and past reviews
Stocksy supports a global membership of employees, contractors, clients, and contributors from all walks of life. We find strength in what makes us different. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment where every one of our team members can thrive.
We are actively seeking any individual who may have taken a road less traveled to get to where they are now. Experience and education comes in many forms; so long as you are excited about this posting and convinced you could be your best self at Stocksy, then we want to hear all about you!